PMO Transformation Programme Lead
NHS AfC: Band 8a
- Programme Management Office
- NHS AfC: Band 8a
- Full time - 37.5 hours per week (Typically Monday - Friday, 09:00 - 17:00)
- Royal Stoke University Hospital
- Stoke on Trent
- £48,526 - £54,619 per annum
- 09/10/2022 23:59
If there is a high volume of applications the advert may be closed early. Please apply without delay if you wish to be considered for this role. (This does not apply to any medical staffing posts)
Important Information: University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust does not pay travel expenses for candidates attending interviews.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Programme Management Office for a PMO Transformation Programme Lead. Experience in programme management is a must as you will be required to work alongside all levels of the organisation on key programmes.
Main duties of the job
For the main duties of the role please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification or contact Gareth Nicholls.
Working for our organisation
University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust is one of the largest and most modern in the country. We serve around three million people and we’re highly regarded for our facilities, teaching and research. The Trust has around 1,450 inpatient beds across two sites in Stoke-on-Trent and Stafford. Our 11,000 strong workforce provide emergency treatment, planned operations and medical care from Royal Stoke University Hospital and County Hospital in Stafford.
We are the specialist centre for major trauma for the North Midlands and North Wales. We have put together a wide range of development packages aimed at ensuring that everyone has the opportunity to fulfil their potential. Our goal is to be a world-class centre of achievement, where patients receive the highest standards of care and the best people come to learn, work and research.
Investing in the health and wellbeing of our staff is really important to us. We offer a range of options for our staff to help maintain a good work-life balance including full time, part time hours and bank hours. We are also committed to offering flexible working wherever we can and where relevant to the role and the service, agile working. You can select your preferences upon application.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
For further information on this vacancy, please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification or contact the Hiring Manager.
- Educated to Masters level or equivalent experience
- Project or Programme Management Qualification or equivalent experience (e.g. PRINCE2)
- Evidence of further personal development in leadership and change management
Knowledge, Skills, Training and Experience
- Experience of working within a Programme Management Office (PMO) at a Senior level
- Experience of managing projects / programmes
- Experience in writing reports and business cases
- Previous experience of line management
- Specialist knowledge of project/ programme/ change management in the NHS
- Strong motivational, influencing and negotiating skills
- Experience within the NHS
- Knowledge of service improvement tools and techniques
- Expert use of Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work effectively with peers
- Able to effectively manage competing priorities
- Adaptability, flexibility and ability to cope with uncertainty and change
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Gareth Nicholls
- Job title
- Head of PMO
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 01782 679881
- Additional information
Head of Transformation