Chief People Officer
Executives / VSM: Executives / VSM
- Executives / VSM: Executives / VSM
- Full time - 37.5 hours per week
- Royal Stoke
- Newcastle under Lyme
- Competitive salary dependant on experience
- 02/10/2022 23:59
If there is a high volume of applications the advert may be closed early. Please apply without delay if you wish to be considered for this role. (This does not apply to any medical staffing posts)
Important Information: University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust does not pay travel expenses for candidates attending interviews.
Have you the expertise to maximise the effectiveness, potential and capacity of one of the largest hospitals in the Midlands and the busiest Emergency Department in the UK? Can you create a great place to work?
If so, we’re looking for our next Chief People Officer for University Hospitals North Midlands to contribute at board level and develop and deliver the strategies for workforce and organisational development.
Leading the people function, you will shape the strategic direction of the Trust by bringing the People Plan to life.
With a background in HR and organisational development, you’ll have a proven ability to deliver complex & sometimes contentious change and transformation at scale with pace across an organisation.
Main duties of the job
- You’ll lead the creation and implementation of the long-term People Strategy in line with the NHS People Plan
- You’ll provide expert workforce advice to Trust Board, ensuring the Trust complies with it legal and social obligations to its staff.
- You’ll collaborate closely with system partners and peers to ensure alignment and integration services where it makes sense to the workforce plans and aspirations of the Trust and system.
- You’ll be a key member of the Executive team playing an integral part in the strategic development of Trust
- You’ll have full operational responsibility for the People team and organisational development portfolio, managing and supporting the team to deliver high quality outcomes
Working for our organisation
University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust is one of the largest and most modern in the country. We serve around three million people and we’re highly regarded for our facilities, teaching and research. The Trust has around 1,450 inpatient beds across two sites in Stoke-on-Trent and Stafford. Our 11,000 strong workforce provide emergency treatment, planned operations and medical care from Royal Stoke University Hospital and County Hospital in Stafford.
We are the specialist centre for major trauma for the North Midlands and North Wales. We have put together a wide range of development packages aimed at ensuring that everyone has the opportunity to fulfil their potential. Our goal is to be a world-class centre of achievement, where patients receive the highest standards of care and the best people come to learn, work and research.
Investing in the health and wellbeing of our staff is really important to us. We offer a range of options for our staff to help maintain a good work-life balance including full time, part time hours and bank hours. We are also committed to offering flexible working wherever we can and where relevant to the role and the service, agile working. You can select your preferences upon application.
Further information on UHNM and this role can be found in the attached candidate information pack .
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
Detailed job description and main responsibilities can be found in the attached candidate information pack.
Heather I’anson - email@example.com
Education and qualifications
- Full membership of CIPD
- Experience of operating at Board level
The postholder will have access to vulnerable people in the course of their normal duties and as such this post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- See advert details
- Job title
- See advert details
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 07967 214771