Pathology Support Worker
- Band 2
- Part time - 22.5 hours per week
- Royal Stoke University Hospital
- £20,270 - £21,318 pro rata
- 02/10/2022 23:59
If there is a high volume of applications the advert may be closed early. Please apply without delay if you wish to be considered for this role. (This does not apply to any medical staffing posts)
Important Information: University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust does not pay travel expenses for candidates attending interviews.
Pathology Support Worker Biochemistry
Permanent 22.5 hours
We are seeking applications from motivated, enthusiastic individuals to work as part of the Pathology Specimen Reception team. To provide an effective sample sorting, distribution preparation and data entry service to the Pathology Laboratory.
Main duties of the job
The post involves:-
- Receipt and identification of biological samples from Hospital and GP patients.
- Barcode labelling and data entry of confidential information for Blood Sciences onto the Pathology computer system (Masterlab)..
- Sorting and distribution of biological samples.
- Loading and unloading of samples onto the automated blood science track system.
Working for our organisation
University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust is one of the largest and most modern in the country. We serve around three million people and we’re highly regarded for our facilities, teaching and research. The Trust has around 1,450 inpatient beds across two sites in Stoke-on-Trent and Stafford. Our 11,000 strong workforce provide emergency treatment, planned operations and medical care from Royal Stoke University Hospital and County Hospital in Stafford.
We are the specialist centre for major trauma for the North Midlands and North Wales. We have put together a wide range of development packages aimed at ensuring that everyone has the opportunity to fulfil their potential. Our goal is to be a world-class centre of achievement, where patients receive the highest standards of care and the best people come to learn, work and research.
Investing in the health and wellbeing of our staff is really important to us. We offer a range of options for our staff to help maintain a good work-life balance including full time, part time hours and bank hours. We are also committed to offering flexible working wherever we can and where relevant to the role and the service, agile working. You can select your preferences upon application.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
For further information on this vacancy, please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification or contact the Hiring Manager.
Knowledge, Training and Educat
- Good standard of Education demonstrated by GCSEs (in Maths, English and a Science subject)
- Have an awareness of Health and Safety issues
- Experience of Data Entry and IT systems
Skills and Ability
- Understanding the importance of confidentiality and data quality
- Communicate effectively and accurately with all levels of staff.
Supporting Statement Question
- Briefly explain your understanding of the role of MLA and the routine duties involved in the role
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Jill Edmondson
- Job title
- Specimen Reception Manager
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 01782 674247
- Additional information
If you are interested in any of these posts or would like to arrange an informal visit please contact Jill Edmondson (01782 674247)