Locum Consultant - Winter Pressures
NHS Medical & Dental: Consultant
- NHS Medical & Dental: Consultant
- 6 months (Fixed Term until April 2023)
- Full time - 10 sessions per week (10 PA's)
- University Hospitals North Midlands
- Hartshill, Stoke on Trent
- £84,559 - £114,003 pa
- 02/10/2022 23:59
If there is a high volume of applications the advert may be closed early. Please apply without delay if you wish to be considered for this role. (This does not apply to any medical staffing posts)
Important Information: University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust does not pay travel expenses for candidates attending interviews.
Locum Consultant – Winter Support
Full-Time, 6 month Fixed Term Contract
We are pleased to offer this opportunity to join the Medical Division at the University Hospital of North Midlands (UHNM).
Main duties of the job
The successful applicant/s will join the Medical Division, which incorporates Diabetes/Endocrinology, Nephrology, Elderly Care, Acute Medicine, Respiratory, Gastroenterology and Infectious Diseases on both the Royal Stoke and County Hospital sites. The consultant team will be supported by junior grade staff. Applicants will be providing Consultant leadership and support on the winter escalation wards on both sites, to ensure appropriate clinical care and treatment of patients is provided over the winter period.
Working for our organisation
University Hospitals of North Midlands has two sites: Royal Stoke University Hospital, located in Stoke-on-Trent, and County Hospital, located in Stafford. From these hospitals we provide a full range of general acute hospital services for people living in and around Staffordshire and beyond. The Trust also provides specialised services for three million people in a wider area, including neighbouring counties and North Wales.
Our specialised services include cancer diagnosis and treatment, cardiothoracic surgery, neurosurgery, renal and dialysis services, neonatal intensive care and paediatric intensive care. We are recognised for our particular expertise in trauma, respiratory conditions, spinal surgery, upper gastro-intestinal surgery, complex orthopaedic surgery, laparoscopic surgery and the management of liver conditions. The Trust has some of the most modern operating theatres in Europe.
Flexible working requests will be considered.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
A detailed job description and the main responsibilities can be found within the job pack which is attached under supporting documents.
- Full GMC registration.
- MRCP or equivalent.
- Entry on the General Medical Council (GMC) Specialist Register via one of the following: • Certificate of completion of Training (CCT) (The proposed CCT date must be within 6 months of interview. • Certificate of Eligibility for Specialist Registration (CESR). • European Community Rights
- A higher degree
- Clinical training and experience equivalent to that required for gaining (UK) CCST in Geriatric Medicine and GIM.
- Experience and an interest in the care of patients with hip fractures
- Critical care experience.
Academic and Research
- Evidence of training in research methodology.
- Evidence of having undertaken original research.
- Publications in relevant peer-reviewed journals in the last five years.
- Research experience.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Dr Zia Din
- Job title
- Deputy Divisional Chair
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 01782 674411
If you have problems applying, contact
2nd Floor, Springfield Building
Royal Stoke Hospital
Stoke On Trent